The first workshop has been completed successfully. Thanks to a great team, participants were able to build a working Django web site from nothing. Some participants were brand new to Linux as well. So there was alot of ground covered. Fortunately, Django is straight forward and pretty easy to work with.
- Huge thanks to the Northen Virginia Community College for providing a lab outfitted with computers.
- Willow Tree Apps provided lunch on both days of the workshop, allowing us to interact with eachother and learn that much more.
And of course, those who taught us all something new
- Alan Elkner (elkner.net)
- Annalee Flower Horne (how does one reach you?)
- Eddie Welker (@edwelker)
- Jackie Kazil (@JackieKazi)
- Jeff Elkner (elkner.net)
- Jen Rullmann (@RedMonocle)
- Kevin Cole (@ubuntourist)
- Matt Makai (@makaimc)
- Ryan Day (@RyanDay2)
I have a lot of data and thoughts and ideas, but I have to compile it all first. I hope to put up something graphing the spreadsheet data and ideas later this week. So check back!
Until then, quote of the course, "Most of computer programming is just doing math the wrong way".